Re: jaws 16 beta: death of screen reader innovation illustrated

One thing they definitely need to do is improve word performance at least 2010 and above. Taking an entire second to go from one line to the next in large documents E.G 500 page study books really is quite sad, and something I honestly am rather disappointed in because word is used by so many people and also considering NVDA can do this much better. Slowdowns also occur in word footnotes, outlook and a host of other things. This might partially be because of the machine I'm using since I never really see the need for super fast computers, but either way NVDA still does it a lot better which is a shame for FS. I hardly ever use NVDA because I think it's unacceptable that you should have to switch screen readers for these kinds of things alone.
Apart from new features, these are the things that need to be worked on in JFW, not this so-called research it which quite frankly is a total waste of time. OCR... I honestly don't know because so far I've not actuall y managed to do anything with it, probably because I'm horrible at operating that feature.
On my laptop I still have JAWS 14 and decided not to go to 15 because there's very little I use the laptop for other than studies and there aren't a lot of improvements for that. It looks like this will not change in JAWS 16 either. Great, now I will have to get more upgrades if I actually want to get something useful.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : scotf2012 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector