Re: jaws 16 beta: death of screen reader innovation illustrated

I'm not saying research it is a useless thing to have in a screen reader. What I'm saying is that it doesn't really belong there. As has already been said there are other programs which can do what research it and the OCR in JAWS do, only better.
It's usually better to have one great cake rather than several half baked ones and I feel FS is currently baking too many of them. Projects which aren't necessarily bad, but not the most important are being worked on, seemingly primarily. While improving performance, which helps everyone, appears to have been put on a shelf. Also, what's the point of OCR scanning a document if the program which helps you read that document is clunky?
As to bugs, I really don't know of any, so not sure what people are talking about there either. Apart from the eloquence crash words, which while perhaps not caused by JAWS are totally unacceptable in a synthesizer in my opinion.
In short, I think FS needs to get their performance up to scratch first, then they can focus on other stuff. Although I'd still prefer it if they would limit it to the primary purpose of a screen reader.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : scotf2012 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : morecoffee50 via Audiogames-reflector