Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Here's some thoughts for after you see it, spoiler warnings ahoy.

The mummy part was decent enough in itself, the bit about getting all those experts there was a stretch but passable given the ships that had gone missing to this thing. The bit I didn't enjoy was Gus being there to ensure the thing was preserved for study and no one got to tell anyone about it, followed by the Doctor not getting to find out who dragged everyone there. If someone had just set this up to cut down on their insurance premiums or something I'd have probably enjoyed it more but this additional layer of plot over the main plot just spoiled it for me. If it had just been a monster on a spaceship romp I'd have quite liked it probably, that's what made some of the classic Who rather fun frankly.

Not enough tension and too much complication essentially, though the basic premise could have worked pretty well for either new or old Who. Still at least a couple of people died, though we could have stood an extra casualty or two thrown in.