Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

I'll check out Saturday's episode this week, likely tomorrow as has become something of a regular thing for me and my dad.

Jo Ford has now reviewd Mummy on the Orient express on his blog Find it here

Interestingly enough he was less keen on the episode, and raises some quite unique questions about explanation and Clara's fickleness, indeed he disliked the ending rapup of orient express so much he rated it down.

I find Jo ford interesting because unlike Stuart from he Who mones he generally likes things, indeed it's quite interesting that he acknolidges all the problems with Moffat era who, but then has episodes he just accepts and quite likes despite other issues with the over all format, indeed his higher opinion of The Eleventh hour, Mat Smith's first story almost makes me want to watch it again.

Jo Ford actually is a great fan crytic because there is no part of Doctor who he dislikes on principle, and he appreciates different takes on how the series should work from the novels, to the audios and classic and new series, however in that he will assess each episode, audio story or novel individually and give his opinions, summing up both good and bad points and giving an over all rating based on those (he's a reviewer who hands out a range of scores, not just 1 out of 10 or 9 I'll check out Saturday's episode this week, likely tomorrow as has become something a traddition for me and my dad.

Jo Ford has interestingly enough now reviewd Mummy on the Orient express on his blog Find it here

Interestingly enough he was less keen on the episode, and raises some quite unique questions about explanation and Clara's fickleness, indeed he disliked the ending rapup of orient express so m uch he rated it down.

I find Jo ford interesting because unlike Stuart from he Who mones he generally likes things, indeed it's quite interesting that he acknolidges all the problems with Moffat era who, but then has episodes he just accepts and quite likes on principle, indeed his higher opinion of The Eleventh hour, Mat Smith's first story almost makes me want to watch it again. I'm not utterly convinced as Ford that the Moffat era problems are so easily ignored myself, indeed this is why I don't own anything beyond the end of the 10th doctor's era on dvd and why I'd  probably not myself rate any of the Moffat era episodes higher than around a 7, but I enjoy for'ds take on things.

Jo Ford actually is a great fan crytic because there is no part of Doctor who he dislikes on principle, and he appreciates different ways the series should work from the novels, to the audios and classic and new series, however within that he will asse ss each episode, audio story or novel individually and give his opinions, summing up both good and bad points and giving an over all conclusion and rating out of 10 based on those points. I don't always agree with either his conclusions or opinions, for example he disliked "The Doctor's daughter" because he said she came across as flat, where as I felt she had an interesting spark with the Doctor with her being a created soldier who kills and trying to connect with The Tenth ddespite octor that. He also really liked Lucy Miller from the off in the new 8th Doctor audios, where as I personally didn't warm to her as a character at all and just liked how she was dealt with in the plot. But I appreciate reading , because he argues them well and in an interesting way.

He also, being both gay and self consciously camp (which are two different things), has some quite shallow and often rather Captain jack style comments about  the looks of various charact ers, in particular how pretty he finds the male ones, though he reserves these for a specific section of the reviews at the endas a little bit of comedy.

Oh, and I'd also recommend checking out his startrek reviews, in particular I find it interesting that he has a fairly low opinion of a lot of next gen, and dislikes many of the characters such as Deanna, nosey parker stating the obvious Troi, and Picard the moralizing, though admitedly highly charismatic captain. On the other hand he loves ds9.

As I said, I don't always agree, but I find his opinions interesting, well argued and often quite funny.
out of 10 which is always a good thing). I don't always agree with either his conclusions or opinions, for example he disliked "The Doctor's daughter" because he said she came across as flat, where as I felt she had an interesting spark with the Doctor with her being a created soldier who kills and trying to connect with The Tenth doctor o n that. He also really liked Lucy Miller from the off in the new 8th Doctor audios, where as I personally didn't warm to her as a character at all and just liked how she was dealt with in the plot. But I appreciate reading Ford's opinions, because he argues them well and in an interesting way.