Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Hmmm, I always felt the first few series of startrek were more stilted, but I tended to blaime that on the writing more than the acting, indeed I personaly find I critique script negatively and performance more positively in general, although there are exceptions, (like Troi I sound like a vampire, and those dreadful first series firengi).

It reminds me of a story i heard that apparently in the original terminator, Reece was supposed to be the super buff hard core body builder type, and the Terminator was supposed to be a very normal average looking human who happened to be a robot under human skin. Arny apparently auditioned for the part of Reese, and, ---- well can you imagine it:

"ai, am, reece, Ai, haf, com, from, da, future, to sev, you, Sarah. Ai, Laaav you"

(sorry if my attempt to write out the Schwarzenegger accent didn't come across).

I can just see the director banging his head against the wall going "hay, is this guy a robot ?" Then suddenly deciding to recast the film big_smile.

Getting back to Doctor who, well it wouldn't surprise me if the Moff pulls another one of his nonsensical twists, just like retconning the time war or changing the Doctor's death on trensalore even though the reason the doctor went there in the first place was because he died there and found his grave, or oh look, all that stuff about "silence will fall" was because of a random splinter group and the silents are suddenly your friends and lets forget about all that last question malarchy.

I don't know why people call Moffat's plot twists clever, trying to be clever is more accurate, as Stuart said it really is like watching those parody tv programs on Futurama.

On the other hand, anything promising clara to stop existing gets good point in my book, hay maybe Moffat will unretcon the retcon of the time war :d.

Still I'll save my ire for when I've actually seen it, and I don't just mean the teaser, but the episode.  The Moff has failed to deliver on every single one of his over complex ridiculously circuatous plots with more holes than a fishing net made out of Gouder cheese, so hay even if the Teaser had Clara saying "Well Doctor I'm sorry I used my freddy Kruger claws to pull out that man's tonsils but he did look at me the wrong way, oh and by the way that coat your wearing is actually the skin of people I secretly murdered on our travels" ----- well I'd still expect it to turn out to have little or no significance.

If you've heard the first series of new 8th doctor audios, you've seen how a propper time and character plot with significance should work, and how one should be resolved.

speaking of Lucy Miller, let me know when you've heard the last episode, I'd be interes ted to know what you think.