Re: Monthly chat November

I've used synths to read as a last resort, it isn't ideal but with the voice slowed down it is doable. I particularly did this with some of the Black Library novels in the warhammer 40,000 setting, the NightLords trilogy written by Aaron Dempski Boden is truly phenomenal for its ability to make what should be villains into protagonists. FYI the Night Lords were one of the space marine legions to turn traitor, they weren't tainted by the forces of Chaos but their origins led them down the road of incredibly harsh terror tactics. When they got in trouble for this they felt the emperor had used them to do all his dirty work then threw them aside when he felt such tactics were no longer necessary, as such they not only hate the Imperium for what they see as unjust treatment for their work to help build it but there is a lot of friction with other traitors and even members of their own legion who have knowingly or otherwise become tainted. Different warbands of the fract ured legion have differing opinions on how far they should make use of the Chaos gods and sorcerors for their own ends, with one of the leading protagonists being especially purist in demanding they rely on their own strength alone. There's also a lot of time devoted to a couple of the leading slaves on board their ship which provides an interesting perspective on people who are effectively trapped living among some of the nastiest demigods the 40K setting has to offer.

Personally I'm glad to have the return of the Big Bang Theory and Agents of Shield here in the UK. I'm normally meh about superhero stuff but I like the way Agents of Shield follows a team of normal humans dealing with "gifted" individuals as well as the organisations trying to take advantage of them for their own benefit. As for the Big Bang Theory, it's a total geekfest and I can't help but wonder if Sheldon will ever figure out what girls are for.