Re: The contraversy of Mallenche, and its creator, Howard Sherman

Glad you liked the podcast. I actually have done a few more, recently this year I did one for smugglers 5 and one for King of Dragon pass. Demonstrating one or other of the Choiceofgames titles isn't a bad idea, though my next plan for a podcast was something on startraders elite (at least when the planetary navigator is fixed), sinse it is a ridiculously complex game and an intro might be helpful. All my previousk  castings of the pod can be found in This sendspace folder

As to the virtual focus (or Dolphin curser as it's been called for the last few versions), yes, it is indeed useful. I believe window eyes has something similar, at least I recall as much from discussions of Smugglers but whether it did at the point you tried the malinche games, or indeed how it works with Winfrotz etc I don't know.

Either way if you did want to try the malinche demos as I said you can just grab the file s and bang them in your favourite inform Interpreter.