dumb warnings?

hi,
I was reading the safety instructions in my laptop's and  digital recorder's manuals
alot of dumb warnings are listed in the manuals. Stuff that should be obvious. examples from my laptop's manual: your computer is equipped with a micro-sd card reader. please do not insert objects other than SD cards, such as paper clips  into the card reader. I thought paper clips were good for my computer?
another example: your pc is equipped with a gigabit ethernet port
please do not insert foreign objects, such as nails into the ethernet port
examples from my digital recorder: do not operate this device when driving. Doing so could cause injury or death. Do not use around explosive gases or liquids. Doing so could cause a fire or explosion
do not sodder connections to the battery. If strange smell or smoke comes from recorder, discontinue use immediately.  Do not immerse this object in salt water. Doing so could cause irreversib le damage to the device.
my question: why are these warnings even printed? are there people who actually try these things?