Re: dumb warnings?

Enes, while I know those warnings seem to be absolutely ridiculous the older I get the more I realize there are actually people that stupid. There is a local station where I live that has a morning show called "Knuckleheads in the News" which is about people who did something completely idiotic and made the news headlines for it. Its funny but usually at the expense of someone's absolute stupidity.

Over the years I have heard a number of unbelievable news stories about someone doing something so stupid nobody in their right mind would try it or one would think. Yet, there was someone dumb enough to actually try it.

There was once this guy who wanted to trim the hedges in front of his house. So he got the wild idea of using his push mower to trim the hedges. When he picked up the lawn mower to trim his hedges it naturally chopped his fingers off, and then he tried to sue the lawn mower company for failing to state in the operators manual that the mower co uldn't be used to trim hedges. I can't believe anyone would be that dumb, but apparently he was dumb enough to try it and then expected financial compensation for his act of stupidity.

In another case a woman tried to drive down a busy street with one of those cardboard sun blocks in her windshield. Predictably she got into an auto accident, and then turned around and tried to sue the company who manufactured the sun block stating there was no warning on the device that it should not be used while driving or operating the vehicle. Again, how dumb can a person be?

However, the most funny story is the one about the idiot who tried to use his vacuum cleaner as a masturbator. Apparently the guy was feeling horny, stuck his manhood into the vacuum, turned it on, and cut his pride and joy off in the device. Naturally, he wanted the vacuum cleaner manufacturer to pay for the medical bills plus compensation for ruining his sex life all because the operators manual didn 't tell him he could not use the vacuum as a masturbator.

The point of all these stories is that while those warnings seem dumb, are ridiculous when one thinks about it, but the companies really need to try and give the end user warnings to cover their own backsides. As ridiculous and far fetched as some of those warnings might seem the fact is there is someone somewhere so out of touch with reality that they will try something and then expect to be able to sue the company for their own stupidity. If someone is dumb enough to try and have sex with a vacuum cleaner some of the warnings in your computer manual actually seem likely even probable in comparison.