Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

Hi,

@bladestorm360: I'm really glad that you have been able to find God in your life. It must be a great comfort to know that there is someone looking out for you.

Unfortunately, I have not progressed so far. I used to call myself an atheist, but I discovered that was only because I hated being forced to go to church by my parents.

I have discovered that I am more like an agnostic. I have no evidence to prove that there is or is not a God. Maybe there is a God, maybe there is none, maybe there are multiple gods. I just don't know.

That has been my philosophy lately, there are things that I will just never know, and things that the Human race as a whole will never know, no matter how long we go on.

I'm happy for you that you have been able to get past your old drunk self and find faith in a higher power.

I currently don't believe in any sort of god and/or goddess. I know that there could be one, but I've never been given any sign that there is one. I think that if I were given one, I could be just as fervent a believer as anyone.

Sometimes I wish I could believe that there is someone out there, watching out for me, trying to get me closer to my life goals, but I just haven't seen that yet.

I have problems with depression and anxiety, and I'm sure that knowing that there is someone who cares about you, who believes in you, who wants you to succeed is a great comfort. Unfortunately, I have not progressed that far in my spiritual exploration.
Sometimes I feel like you. I have more control than you used to, but still, it would be nice if I didn't have to rely on alcohol to feel happy. I only get buzzed/drunk once a week, though. I'm strong enough to enforce that rule, at least. The next day, I sometimes feel bad, but in my mind, it's a compromise worth making. (My poison of choice lately has been Bacardi 151 rum). When I do decide to have some, I have 3-4 shots, but no more.
Still...

Jason.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector