Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

Well, I am posting twice on here in one day and I hardly do it.
Firstly, life does have some down times, games help me to get away from it.
Heck not just games, computers to.
But like anything it can be addicting.
Food is my biggest and I have had to try not to eat to much rice and cake of late because I am getting quite large.
Gaming is an escape from reality, nothing more.
Violent games get rid of my angry moments gam bling games pass the time in the periods where I want to kill time, strategy games make me think and help me solve problems.
Mudding I have gone through periods where gaming took over my life but I have always eventually got bored with it.
In fact there are some days where I turn off the computer and just relax.
The only real time I play games all day and night is round winter and that's mainly because its cold and I don't want to go outside however, yeah if you can't separate virtual reality and reality t hen gaming is probably not for you.
Its why I help design aspects of games.
Having played games a lot, watched scifi stuff, now I can actually help develop stuff.
I have so many stories to put down, and so much to write but when it gets to the putting down I blank out.
I enjoy games for the reason that they are not real.
I like violently shooting zombies, piloting ships, doing missions and other things, killing loads of enemies with a gun or a knife and being different people not myself.
And while I am in there I want to keep doing it all day long.
However I know after the couple hours or so I can go out and my own reality is there waiting for me.
Now online games, that is the challenge.
What I do is have a clock by me and an alarm I set the alarm on that to a sertin hour or whatever I need to do something.
I usually get out before that time or just over but if I am to long and I sometimes do get stuck, the alarm will loudly go off a nd I will remember where I need to be.
However I do try to do everything I need to do before gaming.
My goal now is to finnish everything I need to do so I can game for 3 hours tonight and then go to bed.
You need to set rules and things and have aids like that clock or something to remind you where you are in reality because it can get hard to get out.
And as far as adictions go we havn't seen the worse of it, anyone here seen the red dwarf episode, better than life or read the books on red dwarf.
A virtual game directly connected to the brain could actually have people loose their reality completely.
I have several clocks here so I guess if I got so addicted I could set 2 of them off I'd have to get up to kill the other one and I'd have to stop.
but being a long time player myself sometimes you don't want to exit.
And if I do spend a day or 2 playing games I know that I have other things I have to do and need to finnish t hese.
Each day I have a list mostly a mental one of things I need to do and I will try to get those done before I do gaming.
Ofcause that's not helped lately because I actually need to play the new reality software game I am working on since I am on the team.
Not to mention that we had no power yesterday because of system upgrades in the local aria.
Its why I decided not to go the social network rout.
And a lot of times I actually want to be out the loop, to listen to music or something and not care that much what happens.
Though its a struggle at times.
It was not so long ago that I actually wouldn't go outside since the real world was not as fun as the gaming one but I do try to do that when I can.
Saying that, gaming for me has helped me in a lot of ways and I am fully aware of the dangers of it.
I do need to be on a computer most of my days for communication purposes but I do try to get out from time to time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector