Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

Hi all,
First of all, I see a lot of people who have titles. I've been away from Swamp for a few months, so I'm not surprised, but I do wonder how you did it. I've gained three levels in the last week, and I'm now only at level 12. Can anyone offer suggestions or advice on how to level an HC character, short of bribing people to lead 70-crate HC missions? smile

Next, below is just a collection of observations I've gathered in my week or two of finally playing Swamp again. Sorry if any are repeats. I know I've mentioned some of these in the past, but most should be new.

1. In the radar mode where only one tone is heard instead of five, the radar goes silent if there's an object ahead of you but that isn't close enough to make the radar's "something ahead of you" noise activate. I love this feature, and I often use the d ifference between the silence and the "all clear" tone, which only plays when you're clear for a much longer distance, to navigate. The five-tone radar has no silence, and I wish it did. Or, add a fourth tone to take the place of the silence to indicate an object is ahead, but at a distance.

2. I made a new character and imported an old 2.x one. It worked, but the new character isn't showing up in my list. If I choose to "create a new character", then type the name, I'm able to get into that character, so it *is* there. I just can't see it from my characters menu for some reason.

3. In burst mode, the last shots in a weapon are wasted (silent, and hit nothing) if the final burst does not have three shots. This mostly affects the 20-round rifles and the AK, but it also happens if any weapon has a number of shots left that is not evenly divisible by three. I know why it happens - there's no sound for two shots, and the game can& #039;t use one shot when you're in burst mode - but is there any chance it could be fixed? I hate wasting those last couple rounds, and in certain situations, every shot counts.

4. HC mode is hard, I get that. I maintain, however, that HC players should be able to run quests from safe zones in exchange for either food or a small chance at getting a weapon, ammo, med kit, armor, or special item. Make the quests harder if that would fit HC mode better, but I find quests a nice diversion in normal mode when just looting gets tiring. Looting, of course, is far more tedious and hard in HC mode, so it seems like quests would be a great way to give HC players (especially those with no clans) something to do.

5. In normal mode, once you find a quest item, you should be able to ask for a new quest instead of having to run back to the safe zone. The game would ensure that the new item is as far away as possible, or at least not in the same building.

6. Broken items seem to be gone, or far harder to find. I used to see them every so often, but I think I've seen one in the last week and a half. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it seems strange.

7. I think an extended quest item would be fun. It might require you to collect an item from each map, or deliver one or two items to different maps than where you found them. Kind of like puzzles in that this quest would require you to go all over the place, but different. For one thing, you have to seek out each item, not just go to preset locations; for another, it wouldn't reward with fuel and a bow, because you can request to do one at any time. It might give a thousand points, or an item to HC players. More reward than a normal quest, but nothing like a puzzle.

8. If possible, could the inventory menu be grouped? Put items into one of five categories: ammo, weapons, armor, accessories, and special items.

9. When assigning points or gifting items, the last thing typed is not s elected. This means that, when I go to do one of these activities, I have to arrow to the end and delete a bunch of times. Even on Windows, I'd have to ctrl-a and delete. I know leaving defaults is a time-saver in some situations, but could the text be selected so that, if you start typing, what is in there already gets replaced automatically (No, ctrl-a doesn't work on the Wine port I'm using for some reason.)

10. Regarding the radar, I'm finding that I like the five-tone option better, rather like using a flashlight compared to a pen light. I do wish, though, that it would move just a bit faster. If it pans once per second now, I'd love an option to speed it up to maybe 0.75 seconds, for instance.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Gore Demon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mehgcap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FM94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector