Re: Of Reason and Faith

do you know what comes with power?  Responsibility.  I didn't give up my position on audiogames net as a moderator because of self interest.  I could have stuck around, been there in the background and I may as well have not had to make such a decision.  I could have even left the forum without and explanation and never returned, and for awhile, at least, that power to come back and cry MODERATION on someone's topic and make up an excuse that would be persuasive enough for me to get away with it.  No, I gave up moderationship because integrity, responsibility, loyalty all demanded it.  I was responsible enough to admit that I  no longer had what it took to handle the responsibility at expense to myself, detailing the subject as best I could, which involved some of the forum's negativity along with not being able to play as many games anymore owing to hearing impairment and continued gradual loss of it and the like.  IN the int erest of trying to keep as much of it as possible, I had to admit that there was probably someone much better suited to the job.
Power comes with a duty to answer for your actions.  It comes with the weight of wielding it justly.  does everyone do this?  No, but not everyone is unjust with it either.  To suggest that someone is a hurtful person because they possess some amount of power or authority over someone is suggesting that every single politician is a psychotic individual and should be stripped of the position they hold, or that your boss should call it quits at your job just because he doesn't do things the way you want him or her to.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector