Re: Of Reason and Faith

I'm going to utter my final thoughts on the subject of homosexuality, because I do feel a need to point out something that everyone else has sort of glossed over.  It is easy to point at homosexuality as the sin that is so hateful to hate upon, perhaps because it is the new push towards normal, and because science has supposedly found evidence that it is not a choice, that it is something that cannot be helped.  Fine, let us assume this to be true for just a minute.  Have you ever heard of the warrior gene?  It is called monoamine oxidase by those who study it, a gene which, when performing at its lowest causes one to be more oppressive and even violent, hence the nickname.  Approximately a third of people in the western world possess the warrior gene, and coupled with the constant shift in norms concerning relationships and a struggling economy, troubled teens and children have become something of a commonality.
Let us suggest for a minute that we do more studies on this gene because murder and war are on the rise and we find conclusively that more people than we actually thought possess it.  Should we then pat murderers on the back and suggest that murder is not a sin, that it is not wrong, that it is not an evil deed?  Consider for a minute that we could point to genetics to explain why some people are thieves, why some people are constant liars, why people cannot take care of their children, should we then again, just like homosexuality, just embrace these as norms?
Homosexuality, like many other topics we can discuss, has two sets of extremes.  ON the one hand , we have those who are advocating for it and, dare you even hint against it as an atrocity you are an idiot.  ON the other hand, you have religious and conservative individuals who's kneejerk reaction is just as bad, condemning every homosexual they come across as nothing more or less than an outright criminal and a heathen.  I am not on either rside.  I hate sin equally because God hates sin, and I don't care what sin it is.  I cannot stress this enough, I do not hate the sinner, I hate the sin.  If God says homosexuality is a sin, then I cannot stand with those of you who practice it at your rallies in good conscience and advocate for it, not truly understanding why it's wrong but having been told that it is.  I cannot participate on the other side however, and persecute just because god finds it a sin.  Christ did not persecute sinners; he did not come into the world to condemn them, and I will not either.
I hate war; I hate murderr.  I hate rape and I hate thievery and slander.  I hate lying and cheating.  I hate all of these and anything that hurts humankind in any way, and I don't care how much genetic information or scientific evidence you present me with, if the world ever accepts them as norms I will continue to hate them.  I will n ot, however, hate the people who practice them, because they are people, people like myself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector