Re: State of Web Browser Accessibility

Well I'm not that great either, for instance I didn't mess with my config like Jason, but lookin at the Firefox site was enough, and I guess knowing some of the terms helps with some of the settings, especially DTA, but these things are optomised to run well out of the box, the other stuff is just mostly to make your self feel better, or because it's expected out of that type of application, though not many people will admit that, which isn't to say it always is, but enough of the time so that you shouldn't worry so much.

If it's not doing something even slightly noticeable out of the box, then it should be, and if it isn't, someone badly needs to get on that, e.g., why I don't think I want to get into Linux, though desktop isn't as bad with that, but most actually useful things...  Well lets just say the average user would probably get lost quite fast in the miazma of packages that need packages that need special setti ngs that need hand edited config files that need packages that need updates that don't need some packages any more and do need others eventually you may get something cool out of it until any little thing comes along and smash's it all into tiny little peaces with your hopes and dreams, but if your product doesn't help the average user when it's marketed as doing such then you need to change some things.

That said if you do like and know how to use Linux, that's the kind of stuff you live for, because, you enjoy pain and soul crushing disappointment I guess? personally I think BDSM would probably be a better choice than Linux for servers, because Linux for servers and the more basic distros don't give any aftercare accept the sweet, sweet feeling of short lived success.  ROFL

Then again I know some people that have web, radio and game servers that run really well, and torrent nodes, and home streaming servers with NAS and VP N that can stream to anything including but not limited to: a calculator, 2 cann's and a string, IPhones, Androids, Blackberrys, a lime hooked up to an oven timer, the microwave, home security systems, speakers, smart TV's, stupid TV's, Macbooks and PC's, external SDD's and HDD's, marmolade trees and electric bees...
You get the point.

But maybe that means that they are just the most whipped of all?

I don't know, either way they are awesome, lol