Re: Leasey has been released! Every JAWS user should have Leasey!

Hang on a minute. Why _shouldn't_ we adapt our computers to our requirements? Isn't there something intrinsically wrong with the fact that we are adapting to our computers, rather than the other way around? Sure, we don't live in an ideal world, and I'd agree that the actual value proposition of the functionality is close to a convenience than a requirement, but I'm not sure I see any value in the "We must be one with our sighted peers" logic when the only reason we're not is that, let's face it, software accessibility sucks.

So rather than attack the people who wrote LEASEY, I propose we question why our computer experiences aren't already good enough that we don't require this kind of software. I have no doubt that the shoe would be on the other foot if we were looking at a platform that was known for its inaccessibility, and lots of us here use NVDA add-ons, so let's challenge the functionality and not the reason s for having it.

JMO.