Re: My costumed vigilante's hero card

@Tom, well to be brutally honest a lot of that overblown Truth justice and honour american patriotism actually makes me quite uncomfortable in a lot of ways, and what you say about the American education system I find rather scary, particularly sinse I have a friend who grew up in Soviet russia and the way she describes having classes on say history in which she was taught all about "good father lenin" is sort of worryingly similar in terms of giving people a very biased view of history that shows one specific nation in a given light and all others differently.

Thankfully that sort of thing largey fell out of British education in the seventies, and while we certainly have some holdovers in this country (Ukip, or the Uk independence party definitely have scary moments), it's not sort of the national standard the way I believe it is in the states.

In terms of Hollywood you are likely correct, everything designed just to crank out more cash rather than be cause anybody cares, like endless fast food with no individuality or thought other than maximizing the prophets of the fat idiots in charge. It really is extremely depressing, particularly because there are plenty of occasions in the past where Hollywood could do films with lots of action but more too them. look at the Matrix trilogy, ----  not perhaps the best film series ever, but certainly something that tried something completely new and setup action tropes that are still remembered today, where as who remembers the previous spider man films?

Getting back to super heroes however, much as I largely dislike the genre for how formula it is, I do think it is possible to have a super hero who is in an interesting world, and who is a reasonable characters, it's just that most of the hollywood idiots don't agree.