Re: I'm blind and want to develop a very complex game

Hi,
Maths, Braille or other writing systems in general and languages are not the same kind of code and logic as programming.
Noone is trying to demotivate, insult or criticize you here, I believe, rather we're just pointing out the most likely issues and setbacks that you will simply have to accept and expect sooner or later, whether you like it or not, either by trial and error coming out of experience or by preventive consideration. :-)
My time estimate was more or less, rough, I admit that, but based on what has been seen in the audiogaming community. I've seen other programmers of varying degrees of proficiency, I've done some programing or rather just BGT scripting and web development myself and I've heard many ideas like this one. Believe me that I would be so delighted to play any one of them that my heart would probably explode from all that pressure. But considering that even Shades of Doom took a year or two, I believe, other projects I 've been part of as a tester but that I can't talk about in greater detail yet took equally as long or longer or are still being worked on in some cases, etc, all of them being carried out by experienced or even professional programmers, I think you get the idea.
Most audiogame development teams are single guys. In that case for this specific game, you would have to be a decent voicecast and director, sound designer, programmer, script writer, web developer, team director as you would need a team of testers or at least a good strategy and quite a lot of money to pay to other people to delegate stuff to, not to mention the contacts to these good people, etc. Several games have been developed in collaboration of a programmer and sound designer and only about one or two exceptions, such as Top Speed, have been developed by 4 or 5 people where two guys were the main programmers and the rest sort of split up the remaining jobs among themselves, although I haven't yet seen the strict kind of task separation that's to be expected in other, mmore mainstream like teams anywhere in the audiogaming community.
Just my thoughts,
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector