Re: Anyone here experienced Exploding Head Syndrome

Interesting. I have a friend who associates temperatures with sounds. I think of lower sounds as being warm, like 120 HZ makes me think of hot, since that't the sound associated with mains hum. However, if I heard a sound around 80-HZ, it would make me think of a cold, empty sky, and If I went down to 50-HZ sine, I would think about a dark night. On the other hand if I hear higher sounds, the more beatings there are, the colder it feels. I do agree that roughness and smoothness vary directly with frequencies, and the number of harmonic content and their respective amplitudes helps to determine what kind of texture or substance it would make me achieve. I don't mind the twangs produced by grand pianos, although I think the concert grands have a lot of darkness to them, which is good for meditation purposes. What I hate are pianos that have brightness to them.