Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Well with respect to  Romana and the novels, I suspect this is why Bf have started doing dramatizations of the novels, to bring those important elements into the continuity and so get a clear idea of most events, for example we already have the special telling how the 7th Doctor meets Bernice summerfield.

As to the moment, this is why it has to be something a little more major than just making gallifrey vanish. We already know the time war changed many elements in the over all timeline, and given what Zagreus says about Rassilon using the eye of harmony to anchor the web of time so that the timelords were the dominant species, even just the destruction of the eye would have a major effect. I actually wonder if the purpose of the moment was to make the mutual destruction  of the Daleks and Timelords a fixed point in time. AFter all, The Doctor does confirm in end of time that he was just as much out to stop the timelords at that point. If the Timelord's destru ction was fixed, then logically neither the Doctor nor any previous timelords could've gone back and changed their own past without falling foul of the blinovich limitation affect.

With respect to The Doctor saying he was the last of the timelords, well he believed! himself to be the last but was already proved wrong by The MAster, ditto when the 9th Doctor said the lone Dalek he met in Vanstatten's vault was the last Dalek.

I do wonder, given that the master escaped The Moment's affects by making himself human if the Moment did indee do something racially weerd to the Timelords on a genetic or species wide level, indeed that would seem sort of fitting thematically with Genesis of the Daleks, trial of a timelord and all the other occasions that The Doctor has been accused of Genocide, that he must eventually wipe out the entire Dalek race plus the Timelords as well.

I actually think The Doctor meeting another colony of survived Timelords wou ld've been a much better series 5 plot over all, sinse the question of what status they had now they were no longer a galactic power, whether they still sought to unmake the universe and what relation the Doctor had to them could've been really quite interesting.

Regarding  higher powers, Russel T Davies confirmed that The Eternals left the Universe by their own means and returned to Eternity before the war started to avoid it's fallout. While it is conceivable that the guardians might have stopped things, at the same time the Guardians really only have power to affect what each other does, particularly sinse the Guardians as seen in The Chaos pool trilogy are portrayed much less emphatically as "good and evil" but rather "order and chaos" and what relationship the time war might have to that I'm not sure.

I do agree with he Who Moans though, much as I enjoyed various aspects of Russel's who The Doctor as space jesus and the Time lords as this surrigate order of Gods wasn't one of them, and that is something which just got a hell of a lot worse under Moffat, hell under Moffat the Doctor rarely solves problems at all Just shouts at them and says "I am the Doctor" until they go away :d.