Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

Okay, first up Microsoft don't really wave the security bogeyman so much as they wave the new interface. Their entire marketing strategy is effectively look at the new shiny, which is stupid. In my case I simply got to the point where I felt the security issue was more painful than the jump to the new interface would be, though at this point you might as well wait to see what happens with windows 10 than buying 7 or 8. There's also the fact that Windows has actually included measurable improvements to security like user account control and the malware removal tool that comes through every month.

As for VB6, oh if only 'twere so simple. It would take a lot of testing to make sure the newer technologies hadn't broken anything in VB6, the older a technology is the more effort it takes to keep it working smoothly in combination with newer ones. Most of all though, VB6 as a platform is crap. It had its advantages in its day, namely that it made development a l ot simpler, but it is very processor inefficient and porting the games to newer versions of visual basic which do actually exist shouldn't be that much of a problem. Have you ever looked at the system requirements on an audio game where they exist? There's no reason tank commander couldn't theoretically run on a 486 perfectly happily except for the small fact that VB6 places an overhead on the code, the short version is VB6 doesn't directly instruct the computer instead it requires an interpreter which slows the process down significantly. At one point Microsoft even released a free version of visual basic specifically for small projects like these, the only excuse really is raaargh why should I bother upgrading my game when the computers these days have ten times the power needed to run this inefficient crap and there are rough workarounds for newer systems that don't like it. Read that last sentence carefully, you're using such characterisations yours elf here so I felt it fair to return the favour.