Re: Inspiration or Objectification

As regards studdies and data, my actual point was not whether women were! discriminated against in economic terms because of requiring maternity leave (a fact I'm still not convinced on), but whether it would be right! for an employer to do so.

Well my  point was quite the opposit. My argument was not at all concerned with the morality of the issue, but rather the cause and effect of regulations.

I'm not sure what the legal framework is where you are, but I would say here in Ontario, there is some regulation of sorts, in addition to the insentive system I described above.

I know not what you speak of when you mention this amorphus god of probability.

indeed it always amuses me that those who most tout the virtues of "free enterprise and competition" are those who bennifit from the system most, and utterly forget about everyone else.

Have you ever noticed there's actually a significant number of working class people who tout the virtue of free enterprize and competition? Either way, that statement is generally true about any school of thought; Those who benefit from it the most are the ones who most tout its virtue.