Re: Tactical Battle 2.0

I've started playing the Age of Warlords maps—well, I'm still on the first one, but OH MY GRACIOUS THIS THING IS SO AWESOME.

I'm still adjusting, however, and after the AI got the bad guys to build their Embassy on my turf, I realised I could just build my watchtowers on their side of the mountain range. Since my towers in the game I'd been working on for days were doing nothing because I was keeping the enemy backed up at the mountain pass, I decided to start a new game and try out my new strategy.

So far, my towers have been wiped out before they could kill anything important and before they had a chance to upgrade. I really hate anti-paladins and enemy archers. And catapults that aren't mine.

The biggest issue I'm currently having is that in my biggest game, although my dwelling's a city, I haven't even gotten close to the enemy dwelling to do any damage. Only a few of my army units have been fortunate enough to get enough experience to upgrade before they're wiped out—even the valkyries and dragons are being wiped out if I leave them unattended for even a turn. I put this down to not killing them with structures I'd put on the enemy's side of the mountain range early on, although there's a very good reason for this. My inn's also way too far away to be of any use at all because of the stupid fire arrows that kill my guys before they can use three or four turns worth of movements getting back to it. I just wanted it to be safe from enemy attack, but now I regret putting it where I did. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here, but what am I doing wrong? The best I can do is keep the enemy from getting through the pass and I'm supposed to get to the enemy city to blow it up, aren't I?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : milos via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : milos via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector