Re: I'm thinking about getting a Windows Phone 8.1 device, your thoughts?

Hi.

I'm not too sure about the old Windows Mobile devices. I don't really want one because I would have to manually install a screen reader.

As for Windows Phone 8.1, the more I think about it, the more I want to get one to experiment with. I have one question though. If I get this locked phone off amazon, can I still set it up and use it without a sim card? Like I said, I don't really care about the phone features, I just want to try outthe OS, narrator, and Cortana.
Also, is it true that you can't use narrator to set up the device? That's what I heard in that podcast. That's really stupid actually if it's true.
Since this is on the same topic, can you use Cortana to turn on and off narrator? If so, that would be cool.