Re: good and easy sound editor

Here, I use Gold Wave and Audacity, and nothing else, because I've never needed to do much in the way of advansed audio editing. I usually use GW for my Microsoft Sam productions and such, while Audacity's the one I use for podcasts, because that's always how it's been and I'm a creature of habit. big_smile

Audacity is relatively good--I'm able to do simple tasks such as cutting out sounds of things like silverware dropping downstairs, extra noises, people talking etc out of my podcast episodes, and I've also found it useful for messing around with some audio files and changing them up... though I haven't really explored that editor in depth.
As for gold wave, I quite like using it, especially since you can open a sound, and add affects and such to it before you paste it into your project. It pretty much, in my opinion, combines the fu nctionality of Mix Pad by NCH software, and Audacity together.

As for wave pad, I wasn't much a fan. I tried it back in 13 or so, to find that its accessibility was not too great.