Fan speed control help, anyone?

Hey there folks. Got a question for you. I have a custom-built Windows computer here which, I believe, has no active fan control on it. Thus, all the fans in it always run at maximum, which leads to a rather loud machine. I found an app called Speed Fan which allows you to control this, however most of the controls within are way beyond my comprehension, and the help file is no help, as it assumes you already know a lot of technical info before you use the software. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows of a program that's a little more beginner friendly? Alternatively, any help or past experience from anyone that's done something similar would be greatly appreciated!

Best, Albano.