Re: pyglet audiogame examples

The App
section of pyglet is too confusing. The docks are horrible and if I wish to know how to do something, I have not yet figured out how to find what I am looking for.

But pyaudiogame is much, much, much higher level than pyglet. It has, for example, a UI secton with a grid where you plug in the coords for your walls, make sounds and you have something like Entombed or a side-scroller in less than 50 lines of code.

If that is too much, it is really a thin wrapper around pygame, so you can just import pygame and draw or use the clock functions directly within your logic loop.

But something that is the bane of many young programmers is the lack of relevant documentation or tutorials with your selected platform.
So I am writing something for someone that says:
I have an idea for a game. I don't know any programming, what do I do?
Pyaudiogame gets them writing audio ga mes as fast as possible.
If they then wish to apply their python knowledge to more tutorials, or something else out side of pyaudiogame, they totally can.
But at this point, I am not totally dependent on pygame, so if you replace app.py, event.py and mixer.py, you could use pyglet, Kivy or what ever.

I also have made it super easy (and I hope to make it even easier) for people to include something like libaudioverse into their projects.
I have done a little with the mixer module, but it is pretty much the same as pygame's module currently.

But my idea is if more people start programming games, we will get more games put out and if we have more games put out, there is bound to be some really good games...

And always the hope of an open-source project is that more people who use it, the better it becomes.

So pyaudiogame is not like pyglet in that it wraps around a C library, but it wraps around a wrapper around a C library. I am also writing as many examples and making the API as clear as I possibly can be.
I just need feedback at this early stage from not-so newbie folks just in case something they say will change the basic features of pyaudiogame.
I already, for example, have gotten suggestions to run a function directly from a menu choice, rather than returning a string so you can figure out what to do. (You can do both once I update the next push).
But so far I have not gotten any feedback on the basic infrastructure, so that is what I would like people to take a look at.

I already use pyaudiogame in my other projects if I need to save something to a pickle file, I just load everything into pygame.storage and then call
storage.save("My_save.sav")
and it pickles it.
Then
stuff = storage.load("My_save.sav")
returns the variables I loaded into storage as a dict as well as putting the variables back into storage, exactly as they were before I left.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector