Re: Steampunk Neverland - Zelda-esque RPG

Thanks Orin! In this case, we'll be working with a professional ambience composer and sound technicians, so the quality will be quite a lot higher. Cool, I agree I love Zelda-esque gameplay style. Cool, thanks for the email!

Dark, the shadow being a part of gameplay has been a plan of mine for sometime, so it's cool that you mentioned that. There's also more in this story to the reason he was actually crying when he couldn't catch his shadow when meeting Wendy, but I don't want to spoil that. Most of the technology in Neverland has been thanks to a professor fascinated by the land. He builds many contraptions. Additionally, there will be ancient ruins and puzzles in the environment. Smee is indeed a bumbling light voiced servant to Hook, you can hear him in this teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5m2sG2aZRM

The air ship starts on the water in London, it is high tech steam powe red and can take to the skies as an airship, it ends up being pulled into a vortex which leads to Neverland. There will be many characters you will be able to communicate.

Oh, Hook will most definitely be a boss. So will the Croc, one of the other pirates, a Neverbeast, a grizzly bear, and some clockwork mechanized soldiers. The two other bosses I don't want to spoil, you'll have to wait and see.

Indeed there's a story oriented reason for Tinkerbell and her sounds. An item called the tinkerbell is indeed present in the story. I don't want to spoil that either though.
There are several 'groups' in Steampunk Neverland, each with memorable characters. Lost boys, fairies (families of fairies like elder fairies too), mermaids, pirates, natives, London inhabitants, and another race I won't mention.

Another cool item is the pan flute. Similarly to ocarina of time, you'll be able to play it.
The only difference is that it has more notes than ocarina and you can custom play your own songs then assign that song to a summon or special ability, this way you can effectively bring forth a power when ever you play that song in the future.
Cool.

Ooh, Hook using the grapple during the boss battle is a great idea, and I also like the idea of the ship crashing, perhaps needing to be repaired. Thanks!

London will have playable areas as well. I love flying hehe.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kevin roberts via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector