Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

I'm curious on something here.
Okay, so I've played pretty much every MK game up to and including MK: Armageddon. Some versions are more playable than others (Mythologies is awfully tough, Special Forces and Shaollin Monks really aren't playable). I know that MK 9 went back to the sort of 2d roots where you can't sidestep, but I've watched a couple of podcasts where angled fireballs (arrows especially) are sort of a thing. How exactly are we supposed to cope with these as a blind player?
Also, I've noticed that variations don't actually sound different when chosen, but they do look different. Given that every character has three, doesn't that put us at a bit of a disadvantage until the player or AI gives itself away by performing an exclusive move or attack?

I can understand the hype going into this, but I feel like this game is going to be about 50% accessible, and if the MK 9 boss is anything to go by (Kahn was notoriously difficult as I remember), then this new installation seems like a hell of a lot of eye candy and flash for...not much upgrade for us.
Yet people are still going on about it. So I guess what I'm really asking is this: what am I missing?
I have a PC that can probably run this game, but I have no controller and don't know the slightest thing about them. Based on sound alone this is a game I'm definitely interested in, but sound alone isn't enough.