Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

Yeah. I...kind of don't get that. They're trying to brag about their sound features, and even mention stereo panning at one point, and they put their freaking podcast in mono?
What's more, it seems like the team is focused on making the gore sound real and making the sounds link up with the visuals. This is fine, I have no problem with this, but have they completely ignored the fact that variations don't indicate in any way until you start fighting? For guys who seem able to put so much effort into the creation of sound, you would think something this simple would occur to them.
Also, I have trouble taking the sound department seriously after that huge mistake in MK 2011. Funny thing though: no one else seems to recognize it as a mistake. Is this because I'm wrong, or because I have good ears and actually *gasp!* pay attention to sounds?
If anyone's curious, go look up Jade's fatalities on Youtube. One of them, I can't remembe r which off the top of my head, will actually cause Jade's death-scream to issue from the defeated opponent near the end of the fatality. I suppose I could see that mistake not being nailed in early testing, or even making it into the first version of the game the public saw, but...uh, they've patched the game, among other things to make Shao Kahn easier, so you figure someone, at least, would've caught this.