Re: Prometheus: The Eternal Wars

Hi.

I decided to give the game another try sinse it now has an intro guide, however I have run into a problem. I sat through all the policies and said yes, though to be honest I'm not sure this is a good encouragement for new players, (it took ages and I spaced out actually), however now the game is still spitting policies at me one after another and I can't get it to stop, indeed I had to disconnect and try character creating a second time just to get the messages out from the see of ever repeating policies. yes, I get their important but really I think perhaps this is overkill, indeed if the player must! read  and agree to all 30 policies I'd suggest firstly they do it in game, secondly they do it one by one, and thirdly they get some sort of insentive rather than making new players wade through the lot of them, especially if they won't stop! big_smile .

Edit: okay, the policies stopped repeating after I started which was good. I am liking thus far, I've done some debris salvage, some passenger collections and tried a combat with the training program against an enemy fighter. However I have some questions.

First, there are some activities that sound really good fun but aren't listed on the status system such as artifact collecting and harvesting. I'd be interested to know when these are doable, particularly because exploring outer space for artifacts and space walking sounds awsome.

Second,  I get the coordinates sytem in combat although it'll take me some time to train my brain to process the information, however I was wondering if there is a better way to track enemy starships. as it was I just kept typing "lock sim" to lock on to the enemy in between moving, but that wasn't really an efficient way to tell where the enemy was at any given time sinse the enemy ship had q uite a long name and number, and though I was alerted it was in the sector I wasn't alerted of it's course changes, which I could see as very important when using weapons other than lasers. As it stood I basically just tried to dance around the enemy locking and blasting away.

I also wonder about repares, sinse while it took me some time to get the hang and I got a bith shot up in the process, eventually I finished up with no computers or engines meaning I was basically just blasting away hoping for the enemy fighter to come close, luckily it was in a worse state than I was so I got lucky. Can I speed up or prioritize repares in some way?

Edit: okay now I seem to be stuck sinse my computers and engines are at zero, but aren't getting repared at all for some reason, so goodness knows what I do now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PrometheusMOO via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PrometheusMOO via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PrometheusMOO via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PrometheusMOO via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wp85 via Audiogames-reflector