Re: DeathMatch, a new beginning

@Danny I don't recall my credits, but I think it was somewhere around 100 k.

As regards levelling and rewards I agree fully that you should have to work for things, however one thing I do not particularly like is making that work grindy and uninteresting. As it stands a player would have to do about 10 cargo missions to get a hauling ship, or fly around in a freighter and get very lucky with an asteroidand mining, although with how few roids seem to be around and the short range of scanners on the starter ships this seems less likely. Then, once that is done and a player has their haulage ship for 50 k or so, they will need to haul about 100 asterois (at roughly 46 k per go), to get one of the ships with a million tag price mark.

I'm not against working as I said, but it does strike me the gaps in price and activities and the huge amount of work involved, not to mention that should your battleship get blown up in your first battle that is all your investment down the tubes make life a tad hard for new players who don't have their crusers and planet crackers and exploring ships and what not, ---- plus of course as Mike pointed out with no ship info, it's easy to make buying mistakes.

I'd suggest personally having a number of activities that pilots could alternate between, some of which entailed random exploring and rewards rather than streight out repetitive tasks (I love the sound of the shipwreck exploring on asteroids for this, and as I've said I'd love to see space full of other things to find that pilots could just explore and use, like debris to collect, old satellites to blow up, dwarf planets to mine, gas giants or nebulae to gas extract from, stars to do the dangerous business of plasma extracting from etc, indeed as I've said the more things to find in space the better I'll be pleased), and also having some sort of experience system meaning that all your work wouldn't be lost if y ou lost a ship.

For the experience system, what I'd personally suggest is a system that works on promotions according to what activities you've done and pays you more according to your experience in that activity.

So, say have ranks for everything you can get paid for, bounty missions, mining, asteroid hauling, cargo etc, and add a percentage to your rewards based on that rank.

So for example a rank 1 cargo hauler might only earn 5k per trip, however once at rank 2 they'd earn 6 k. a rank one roid hauler gets 50 k gross prophet for the roid, a rank 2 gets 60 k, a rank 3 70 k etc. Of course, it takes lots of doing the activity to move up a rank. I'd suggest perhaps 10 cargo deliveries for rank 2, 15 for rank 3, 20 for rank 4 etc, (I'd not recommend making this exponential sinse exponential levelling can really be a killer to player expectations.

For the activities that don't have a clear one to one correspondance, make it to do with amount of money earnt. So, to advance to rank 1 asteroid miner you'd have to make 1 mill from mining, for rank 2 1.5 mill, for rank 3 2 mill etc.

That way, once you'd earnt your first ship, you'd have built up some ranks in other activities, and thus even if your first ship got destroyed you'd not have as hard a time getting your second one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector