Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

Here is the Mac test version for anyone who would like to try it: http://endpermian.com/e2/Entombed2MacOS.zip

Just unzip the file somewhere and run E2. It should then open the game. This version is a little newer than the Windows one and has remixed sounds. Entombed will use your default system voice and you can change the rate of speech using the + and - keys.

@pitermach, I am accessing it directly in the terminal app. I'm not sure how to use native libraries on OSX and I'm not familiar enough with native development to create them. It would be great to have a plugin wrapper for Unity for TTS on the Mac, but using the app directly seems to be working pretty well. I wrote some clever (I might be be bias) code that prevents a lot of the TTS speaking over itself. I'm already trying to avoid waiting for text to finish, so this might really work a treat.

Please let me know how you go with the Ma c version. I've only tested it on my relatively new desktop but it should work on most Macs. Oh, this is for Intel (x86) Macs only. Most Macs built in the last few years are Intel so if you're not sure, you're probably fine.