Re: Considering going into game development, looking for a mentor

1. I didn't get past bgt much either, which is while I pretty well gave up on programming entirely until Danny came along. I tried! the manual! 3 times! big_smile
2. It's relatively easy, though can get teteous at times. For example, the creation of a menu, is more complex than in bgt.
I hope, soon, to create an include that simplifies this.

  There's also a procedure in pure basic that is already coded, and I'd recommend using it that can generate pan for you.
Basically everything is mostly common since.

Now I'll never tell you not to use bgt; I think the one thing that scares devs away is when they ask a stupidly simple question, and some huge debate and flame war comes out of it

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : soundworx via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : soundworx via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector