Re: AG Debate: Apple Watch Acccessibility, Equals More iOS Blind Users?

Funnily enough Afrim the size thing was never really a concern for me with the Iphone, I was just so used to carrying a laptop around it didn't bother me, after all I'd got used to wandering around with a laptop on my back sinse I was about 13, and have done lots of odd things like sit on train station platforms with a laptop on my knee or even sit on the deck of a cruse ship going down the Nile in Egypt in a sun lounger playing judgement day with my Laptop perched beside me on a little table.

I regularly pulled the thing out on trains, busses, or even in cars. Indeed, at one light opera festival I used to go to I think I must've got a reputation for being a raging alcoholic sinse each morning at ten O.clock I used to go to a local pub where they had both wifi and a free powerpoint with my laptop to check e-mails and use the net.

It's funny, I've seen people complain over the size of the Iphone 6 yet for me that is still tiny compared to my l aptop, plus I carry a shoulder bag around with me anyway, (just for necessities such as reever's dog biscuites and guide dog papers). Plus of course the larger the screen the less fine your voice over  movements need to be.

The major thing I do! notice with my Iphone as far as portability goes is the battery life, sinse even though i was always careful with my laptop batteries, I could only get about 7 hours max, (and that from owning two batteries), where as my Iphone, and for that matter my victor stream have a huge! battery life and will carry on going with no problems, especially if I switch to aeroplane mode and cut off net connectivity.

All that being said, I wouldn't ditch my laptop and indeed still own one simply because there are things I would not want to do on my Iphone, partly because of apple's irritating setup, but also partly just out of convenience.

Answering e-mails, Word processing and writing for example, sinse I don't usually have my bluetooth keyboard with me and while either siri dictation or the on screen keyboard is fine for tapping search results into the ap store, entering your name into a game or entering a web address I'd not want it for anything long winded, plus I'm not sure about the Ios word processing options or how to get the documents off the Iphone anyway.

Likewise, much as I like voiceover's performance in most native aps written for Ios, I'm still not entirely taken with using it to navigate the internet, I just find it's navigation of standard web page features even things like list boxes less than satisfactory, especially sinse even using the roter options jumping to things like headings is a bit hit and miss. For this reason I would certainly not be using Ios to say write a reply on this forum (I'm on my desktop for that).

For me, I'd say a tablet or a smart phone is a different sort of device from a desktop or a laptop, it do es different things and fulfills a different roll.

I wouldn't swing my laptop around playing something like audio defense, or pull my laptop out on the buss to check what stop I was at, but I wouldn't sit and write a major document on my Iphone either.