Re: What language is easy and what is difficult?

Well, I think in some cases, the Dutch pronounciation is kind of close to the English one, because the Dutch language also has the rolled r you would use in English. But as far as I found out, Dutch people only roll the r if it is located at the end of a word, elkaar, for instance. But there are some words, like hartelijk, where the r is been rolled as well.
But I can't really tell when you have to roll the r and when you don't.
I find Dutch pretty easy to learn, although I am learning on an English-based platform, because if you put German and English together, there are a lot of simmilarities, especially in German.
Let's take the word for to drink: In German you say "trinken", in Dutch you say "drinken".
An English example would be self ("zelf" in Dutch).
I personally like Dutch and I learn it because for me, the language sounds echt moei, vriendelijk en gezellig, really nice, friendly and gregarious or to again show the simmilarity to German, echt schön, freundlich und gesellig. I also have some Dutch speaking friends, which has a kind of interesting influence on me, because by listening to their Dutch conversations, especially if they speak slow and clear, I learned how to express myself and a bit how the grammar works. So, thanks for that actually! big_smile
For now, learning Dutch currently is a free-time-project, but I might try to attend a course or something in the future, shouldn't I already learned a lot of things on Taalthuis.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Bogdan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arabic Three Thousand via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector