Re: Beatstar pro trailer is here!

@avidgamer, I disagree on previewing soundpacks before downloading, or even before purchice sinse I always like the idea of not quite knowing what I am going to get when i buy a new pack, and after all coins are not too hard to come by.

@Oriol I do know what sanslash332 means here about a party game so I will try to illustrate, though whether it goes too far beyond the concept of Beatstar as is or even of a beatstar arcade I'm not sure (especially as those party games are very much intended as multiplayer games, either online or with friends at the same machine).

Basically, the party games are like board games such as snakes and ladders or monopoly. Instead of going around selling and buying properties though or climbing ladders and snakes, when you roll the dice and land on the various squares, you can quite often get minigame challenges which are indeed like arcade style miigames, some of them played single player in short birsts, some of them irectly multiplay er between all the players of the game, or one on one with one other player of the game. From these you win stars, and the first player to a certain amount of stars wins.

As well as  the minigames, there are a lot of different squares that mess around and have random affects, like there are squares you can land on and get or lose stars, or squares you land on and make your opponents lose stars, or squares where you and your opponent's position on the board are switched, it's all very randomized and just intended for good fun, particularly sinse in the various mario party games you have boards with different themes and random effects, like a Bowser volcano board where a giant king bowser will come and stomp at random and might crush a player or two on their board squares causing them to lose stars, or fireballs may rain down from the sky releasing more stars.

It is a fun idea though I am not sure whether this is the direction beatstar should go, for one t hing it would require quite a few more minigames I think including some multiplayer ones, and of course coding of a giant multiplayer board with online play, plus lots and lots of sounds.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector