Re: Accessible radios?

That is a shame about apple being the exception instead of the rule. I can understand if the dial on this radio didn’t have a digital read out. I do listen to most of my radio station type things over the internet as it is, and I guess I was hoping for something a bit better than what I have. I spent around $260 on this radio. Granted, I had a feature set in mine. They through in a clock, the ability to hook in an outdoor antenna if I wish along with shortwave reception. Yes, that includes with SSB reception along with a narrow/wide band button on the front. I just wish they through in the speech for that price and the clock on it is useless to me. LOL. Oh well, at least the sound isn’t too bad. The dollar amount is in US money and it is the most I spent for this kind of device. I guess If I want to have better sound on it, I could get a stereo system with good speakers. Another thing that drives me crazy here, and this may not mean anything to this topic, is that someone here in the US got the idea to mix digital radio  with analog radio and called it HD radio. LOL. I would mind as much except the fact that I see no reason to go in for that tech. It doesn’t sound that much better than the analog stations. Add to that, the switch between analog and digital versions as I move about is a bit odd at best. Don’t know why a different radio band wasn’t set aside for the digital radio stations in the US. At least the ham radio people seem to get it right when it comes to transmissions. The signal is either analog, or 1s and 0s. I haven’t yet heard any station yet that uses the DAB stander. Granted, this radio only receives analog signals. Off and on, I here about these radio looking things that connects to your network and streams audio over the internet. I haven’t got these devices yet do to the accessible problem thing. I find that my IPad works better for me at this time for that use. Anyway, I guess I will keep an eye open just in case something surfaces that is reasonable when it comes to the price. When I was using the IPod touch 3rd gen, I had this HD radio thing that hooked into the 30 pin connection. Needless to say I didn't search for a replacement when I update the IPod touch to the 5th gen and updated the IPad to the air 2. Granted, I got a walk man like reception, and I did expect that when I got it. LOL. I don't see why I should get a replacement seeing that the app I had to use with it hasn't been updated for the screen size and the like. At least that was around $50 for the device. LOL. How many remember the soney walk man? LOL.