Re: Accessible radios?

When it comes to sounds between listening to something over FM and listening to that same thing over the internet there is a really good chance that there is not really that much of a difference. I have came across a few streams that was at bit rates that made them sound worse than it did on FM. LOL. Those streams were around 48 to 50 KBPS, and and at least some of these were in WMA. LOL. Usually these streams will need to be above 160 KBPS before I would really start to notess any amount of  differents to speek of for music stuff. This is for those MP3 streams and if there is not alot of silence. If there is alot of silence, you might be able to pick out the differents. If you notess, I said might. LOL. I find that I would have to turn the volume up louder than I like to see the differences at times. As for that discman of yours, How has it stayed running for that long? It seems like people over all seem to replace their devices every 2 to 4 years. Of cource TVs seem to be k ept for longer. smart phone seem to be replaced the quickest. Laptops seemed to be replaced around four to five years or so. Another thing that might be werth noting is that I don't really hear alot about people buying radios now days. Of cource that basicly every car here in the US that people buy comes with some kind of radio installed. Thinking about it, I am willing to bit that most who listen to radio are more willing to do it over the internet on their phones over their in car systems. Not everyone does this of cource. Add to that, those who just play their music that they have store on their phone. Another thing to add to that is that alot are just willing just put in a CD. Looking at all that, I am wondering if the market for radio type programming has gotten smaller to the point where it is not werth switching like what we have done with TV and VHS to DVD to blueray. Another thing, I am pretty sure that alot of people here in the US think that The HD in HD radio means the same as the HD in HD TV means. For those who really want to know what this means in turms of radio, you could check this wikipedia article for more info. This does also seem to have a little bit about other Digital broadcasting things.