Re: Accessible radios?

The only site I know for old time radio shows is Radiolovers which is here which has some nice stuff either for vague interest (while the series is way too cheasy for me,it was interesting hearing the first ever episode of buck rogers), or some actually quite interesting things, there is a rather amusing old 60's bbc radio comedy called the Clithero kid which I found quite funny, I also like some of the old dramatizations of books like 1984 or John Wyndham's sf.

I wouldn't say we're just! bashing Itunes in this topic (besides Itunes deserves a good bashing), I also find the discussion of music organization and playback quite illuminating.

I have an audio and music folder as well, but my audios are mostly in author folders and then subfolders for series or for audio dramas. I'm particularly pleased with my dr. Who folder which has one folder for all the big finish stuff, with subfolders for their variou s series and spinoffs, then individual folders for each encarnation of the doctor with subfolders for tv novelizations, original novels, tv soundtracks with audio description etc.

In my music folder not everything is organized by artist or categorization, and some stuff like my blackmore's night folder even has albums, albeit other stuff doesn't. One advantage however of organizing as I do means that I can drop individual files into folders with subfolders, which is really handy if I get something from youtube. For example, I heard a gorgious prelude by Rachmaninoff which i found a nice version of on Youtube. Sinse its just a file and I don't have a main folder for it I just drop it into my orchestral music folder with all the various sub folders for different pieces and such.

Actually, one advantage of having my stuff organized as I do is I can choose what I want shuffled. For example if I want a full eclectic mix I can put my entire music folder on shu ffle, where as if I just say want a mix of all of Enya's stuff I just put my Enya folder on shuffle.

That is the one thing you cannot do with the victor stream, sinse the way it shuffles it's music category it shuffles all music and if you want something smaller you have to create playlist files and copy them across, but sinse I always like to chop and change what music I have on my Victor at any given time so I don't get board, I haven't particularly bothered with looking into thiss. Then again I've  never been that interested in playlists, sinse generally if I want somethingg specific to play I'll just play it, whether that is a single piece or a hole soundtrack.

I mangled with playlists on Itunes, but it was the only way to say get all the files in an audiobook to play properlly in order, much less one or two audiobooks in series.

Btw, what exactly does this voice dream thing do?