Re: Accessible radios?

As for the 2E, I am asuming you meaning this one on amazon? I am also asuming the skywave can be found here. I am sort of wishing I brought this up last month when I was shopping. LOL. To me, any shortwave receiver must have pretty good reception at worse and great reception at best. It must have good selectivity, and single side band for those things that I wish to listen to that require it. LOL. The skywave looks like a ok radio, but I will have to see it and here it to know for sure to see if giving any of the features I wish to have in a short wave receiver is Werth giving up. As for am and fm reception good selectiving and good reception is a must. That of cource is one of the things that make the 2e look good on the specks, but then again, hearing and seeing it in action would be a good thing... Anyway, anyone know how best get a good recording of what my current radio is receiving? Right now, I run a cable from the ear phone jack of the radio to the line in jack on my computer and use audacity to record, but seeing that I have the radio setting right next to my PC, that isn't always the best of options. I do have a zoom h1 recorder setting here on my desk, but I am not to sure how much it can take via the audio input jack. The the Grundig Satellit 750 does have a line out jack on the back, but it is split up in to a left and a right channel jack in stead of one 3.5 MM jack like what you would see on the back of a PC. As a side note, I wish I new where that little bit of a background hum is coming from when I listen to it over my headset.That is one thing that is for sure against the Satellit 750 radio here. another thing werth noting is that this radio clearly could use a bit more work done to all of the am reception stuff. Yes, there is a reason for the mix reviews. a good external antenna may help with some of the stuff, but... I have heard that that is what is needed to make it sing per say. Really wish I asked here before I bought anything. LOL.