Re: An appology to all

Hi all,
@Dark, I am sorry to say this, but none appointed you judge and jury either. This is a public forum, and @guilevi has done nothing to break the rules of this community, there is no reason to ban anyone, as this is not related to audio games.net at all.
While you are right, he might have overstepped what we may call acceptable behaviour in life, this does not concern a public forum moderated by volunteers. If he had logged in with Mason's account, then I would understand your reaction, but I really think that at the moment this is really uncalled for.
@Guilevi, as he said earlier, logged in via Skype and Twitter. Source code distribution or any other activity that might have happened had nothing to do with him.
Guilevi could have done a lot of harm, yet he chose not to. He simply wanted to call Mason's attention to a serious risk in his security measures, as he was constantly ignoring the advice of a lot of people. This would have happened even tually and believe me, power is very easy to abuse. Especially when money is involved.
Mason, please change your passwords instead of creating new accounts (see Twitter), use at least hashed passwords when you store other peoples' passwords in your games and use a password manager like MacPass or Keepass. Most importantly, please pay attention to people you consider friends, especially when they point out that this is a very concerning issue.
I understand why Guilevi was so desperate to do this, even though it might not have been the best option.
We learn from experience and I believe this is a positive one, despite all the negativity Guilevi received. Always look the bright side o life!

Rob

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector