Re: A question about the Playroom compatibility

Hello all,

I have already explained dozends of times why there is no mac or iOS client. Once more, I'm going to recall everything here :

* I have no mac, and know almost nothing about using a mac; I have never touched one.
* You must have a mac in order to be able to develop for it
* Apple forbids the use of virtual machines, so you are obliged to buy a mac if you want to develop for it
* Additionally, you must pay for a developper account; twice, once for mac and once for iOS, if you want to make a client for both platforms
* Even if you try to do your best, Apple might refuse your app for no reason

Stop dreaming, nobody will ever make such an app for free. I expect quite a reasonnable quality, and I must strongly trust the person doing it. Trust someone is very hard, at least for me.

For obvious security reasons that are going a lot further than just game cheating, I don't want to release the windows client as open source or reveal details about the protocol. I know  that it could be a solution allowing third parties to make their own client, but no, sorry, forget about it. Free software is amazingly great and I admire it a lot, but for online games the model just doesn't work.

The web client is a kind of tradeof. I know that it isn't as optimal as the native windows client, really not, but at least it allows you to play a little, still with a relative comfort.

So, there aren't many solutions to have a mac and/or iOS client of quality: it's going to cost in some way, perhaps a lot of money; in fact I don't know how much at all.

The lack of time is no longer true at the moment, since I have recently graduated and am now looking for a job in development. Unfortunately, the lif is going and I can't always do everything for free; bills still have to be paid.

However, if someone give me the means to start something, I'm ready to take the challe nge of digging in Apple's world from scratch. Even why not full time. Why not turning the playroom into something serious. IF it has to happen, there are still a lot of organisational and legal questions to solve first, so don't immediately jump on paypal, but after all, why not. After 5 years, I can still dream.  Show me how much you are attached to the playroom.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector