Re: A question about the Playroom compatibility

you ever thought of creating an Android version?

Same problem. I don't have any android device, so am unable to test anything even though it's Java.

If anyone has watched WWDC, you'll know that Swift is open source, and with it, the possability to port C++ apps into Swift and then compile it to run on Mac OS and other platforms, including Linux.

Maybe that swift is open source now, but it doesn't do everything:
* Win32 API isn't multiplatform, and you need to know the equivalent, cocoa, to make a fully accessible mac and/or iOS app.
* It doesn't change the fact that you must own a mac to be able to compile and test your app
* It doesn't change either that if you want to start learning cocoa, you must be able to test what you are experimenting somehow, and thus you must have a mac

Where can I use the triple tap feature for seeing a PopUp menu in the movile devices? I tried it in my android some monts ago but it just worked like a double tap touch.

I don't know about such a feature. ON the web client, triple tap is used to open the context menu where it is applicable and it works fine on iOS. I can't test on other devices as I don't have any other one. I have just an iPhone5 with iOS 8.3, sorry guys.

In fact, there is also another problem I haven't talked about yet. Assume that I effectively buy a mac and start learning swift. I'm going to take at least a couple months before releasing something useful if ever. During that couple of months, a few stupid people will put me into pressure because I'm not releasing new games or features. I can't do everything at the same time and a lot of people can't understand it, aggravated by the fact that regular windows user don't matter at all about a mac or iOS version, so for them it's just as I'm doing nothing.

If I want to really go further with the playroom development beside adding new games, I must think about turning it into a paid service, just like Aprone di for Swamp. Problem: by doing so, even if I set a price as ridiculous as a few dollars a month, 99% of the users will leave  and the playroom will quickly die, just because you have to pay and that there are free competitors. Look at comparable paid competitors: blind adrenaline card room and allinplay. Their communities are very small compared to the playroom. I'm sure that part of the success of the playroom is simply due to the fact that it's free.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : HummingBirdGuy via Audiogames-reflector