Re: Size of muds?

Well, Alter actually has closer to fifty thousand rooms, but yeah. I haven't really tried other MUDs, but I like the way it Works on Alter... Although, as you said, cities can feel more like a handful of shops surrounding a Castle rather than an actual city.
Now if the cities in Alter had all been the size of Ralnoth it'd be a Whole different story. I know it's the Capital so it's probably why it's bigger... But still. I'd say Ralnoth has a quite nice size for a MUD city though, some 20*20 rooms or so I believe.