Re: Apple Music

My first experience with the new Apple Music, left me pretty cold and wishing Apple had just left it alone, or even better, clone the Music app Microsoft used in their Zune players.

First issue is attempting to use the index on the right side of the screen reliably crashed the music app, my temporary solution was to set the rotor in the music app to headings. Now up and down strokes will move you from letter to letter in the index. Microsoft had a much better way of doing it, when you tapped on a letter heading, you got a screen with all the letters on it, tap the letter where you want to go in your list, and you are there!

It's apparently no longer possible to access your music library by track title. Often, I know the name of a track I want to listen to, but not the artist. At least the search will search through the titles, but that's not as good as having the track list sorted and presented by titles, as it was in the old Music app.

It appears that search results mix tracks on your device with tracks available from iTunes. It would have been nice if tracks in your library were listed separately from those on iTunes. Maybe they were and I was confused, if so that's the new Apple Music for you.

In all, I call it as, Apple stumbles, again...