Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

assault_freak wrote:

As to your hypothesis about artificial intelligence. The same could be said of a national ruled by a governmental body. If you really believe that once you become conscious noone has the right to tell you what to do, that would imply that under the government they shouldn't have any right to tell you what to do, punish you, or anything of the sort. In essence, if you felt like murdering someone, the government shouldn't tell you not to do it... because free will, right? If those artificial intelligences did indeed become conscious and develop a will of their own, if they did not follow the laws and regulations we set down and rebelled? What would we do then?

I'm afraid I don't think this is a valid comparison. After all, national governments didn't create us and give us all of our properties, we've had most of those before we even knew what a government actuall y was. But what if we created entities literally from the ground up, gave then rules which they should follow, and then gave them free will? I think this was illustrated in the artificial intelligence example and that's something quite different.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector