Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

@Nocturnus:
I liked your Little speech about the pointlessness of life... However, I'm not sure I agree. Sure, at the first glance there is no point to living if we just fade away and die after a hundred years...
The way I look at it though is, as Carl Sagan once said, "We are ways for the cosmos to know itself". Since the atoms that make up our body, and everything around us for that matter, once were formed in the cores of stars, we are just as much part of the universe as the bacteria you mentioned, the waves of the ocean or stars we have yet to discover.
The way I see it is not that life is pointless, it is instead, cosmos way to examine itself. I find joy in knowing that, somehow, nature made part of itself intelligent enough to question the Things around it, or... question itself I guess is actually the case...
As for disappearing when we die... We don't really do that either. True, our consciousness most likely ceases to exist, but th e atoms that once were us will return to the nature and become part of other Things, and as you say, our memories live on in those we leave behind, although they shall fade away too eventually.
I guess you could say that I have my own Little pocket religion here, I don't know. I do know though that science, because of this, seems like a better choice, at least for me, since that will slowly give the answers we seek.
One of these questions are of course how the World began. I can't answer that any better than anyone else, but there are quite a few theories about it so far. I guess I won't deny the existence of some kind of natural force that could have made the universe possible... I guess we could call this force God... I just don'tbelieve that God is activily taking part in how its creations evolve. To be honest I lean more towards the thought of multiverses, not because it's proven oranything, I don't think it is, but because it kind of make s sense to me...
This post is getting long, so I guess I'll stop here. As a treat for reading all of this silly nonsense I'll throw you yet another link, this time it's to a YouTube video that I like quite a bit: What is a God?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : morecoffee50 via Audiogames-reflector