Re: Heat Engine, a game engine for BGT games

Hi! Sorry Imaginatrix, I've been very busy theses days (I'm programing other games and I have to work big_smile ), and yes, Heat Engine is giving me troubles. For a lot of reasons, including:
- the geometry representation (maps and all) is taking more time than expected to rework
- i'm seriously planning to port Heat Engine on Java and stop BGT support

Why? Because Java is fully object oriented, quite easy to understand (classes and interface, all that stuff), much more powerful, cross platform, providing a huge standart library, etc. My only problem is the sound and screen readers support, an d rewriting everything in another language (even if the code will be much simpler to understand for everyone). BGT limits me. Right now, this projects looks like a dead end if I don't change the language I think. Heat Engine has been designed to be powerful and for more complex games, and BGT isn't made for that. I may keep the editor in BGT and make the

@pedrowille : this engine is quite complex, but you can dive inside the files and try to adapt the Inventory actor for your own game. If you want to make a game with the engine itself, given the help you asked in other threads, I don't think it is adapted for a complete beginner sad

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pedrowille via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Genroa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pedrowille via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector