Re: all about food!

A few years ago, my parents and I went to a large and extremely fine quality hotel, I was doing a major singing engagement for a charity at a sculpture auction. The food was amazingly good, although I personally didn't notice much owing to how nurvous I was, however they had the most amazing lasagna.
Sinse then, my mum has experimented with lasagna recipes and has come up with one which is amazing, involving worcester sauce, paprica and two sorts of cheese, she even adapted a vegitarian version with lentles and beans instead of minced beef, which was equally awesome!
So, I'm very picky about  lasagna. I know places that do good ones, but it's rare, and even though Marks and Spensors does pretty reasonable microwave pastsa (I like their tuscan penne), I  find their lasagna very bland indeed and don't bother with it, much less other supermarkets. I think lasagna is one of these things that many people cook, but not many people cook right big_smile.

I've had cold pizza on buffets and things occasionally, but not liking to keep takeaway pizza around and either reheat it or have it cold is just sort of a preference thing with me, and as I said is likely pretty irrational.
@Crashmaster, no idea on the  convertion from newzeeland dollars to pounds, so no idea how much 40-60 Newzeeland dollars is.  Personally if I go out for a meal,  especially with friends I always treat it as a special occasion and within reason don't mind spending on it, indeed much as my mum is a great cook, it's difficult to take her anywhere sinse she still believes prices for food are what they should be twenty years ago so will always go to places that are cheaper rather than average to good quality places with what are these days average prices.
Indeed we're just about to head off to a buffet restaurant who have a 15 pound all you can eat an bits of everything, from chinese to pizza to roast dinner. Not actually gross the way some of those sorts of buffet places are, but my brother described it very much as "student food", ie, good for a random gnosh but not really a dress up and sit down to propper restaurant meal of the sort I'd usually expect if actually going out for dinner rather than just grabbing lunch or fast food or what not.

Personally as I said, I don't mind spending if I'm out for a really propper restaurant meal, especially if I'm there with my brother or a friend, and for a three course meal wouldn't mind going up to about £40 or so, (provided it is a good one).

@Thunderfist, I'll need to find a tirkish restaurant I think. I've always been suspicious of kebabs, mostly because as I said there is a  class of very cheap kebab places that also do pizza and chips an tend to market universally almost to very drunk people with terrible, terrible quality! my parents used to have an amazingly nice kebab place that used actual meat but sadly changed ownership. So, I'd like to get the thing done propperly by a good Tirkish chef sinse it's something that is always messed up, a little like getting a propper Italian to cook you pizza or pasta in the traditional way, which I've also tried a couple of times and was amazing!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector